Friday, August 8, 2008

Putting the LL in oLLympics

08/08/2008
The starting day of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing.
A day considered highly favorable in the Chinese culture.

Not to take away any of that but, this is also the day LL’s BLOG takes residency on your favorites list.
I have been avoiding the idea for quit some time but believe it’s finally time to give in.
I have a vision of greatness and do not want to let myself down.

What can you expect to look forward to? That my friends, I am not entirely sure of.
But, I can tell you it will be FABULOUS.
A sort of answer to the question I know everyone ponders daily “I wonder what sort of shenanigans are going on in Lisa’s brain today?”

A note to the reader: just as Rachel Ray has her “EVOO” and “Yum O”. LL also has a list of frequently used words you may not know. DON’T WORRY! As the words/phrases are introduced I will make you aware of their meanings and in certain circumstances I may offer suggestions of how you too can incorporate them into your everyday jargon. (This is how trends catch on!)

If you LOVE it, you’re welcome and I am smiling because of that.
If you don’t love it, I don’t want to know.


OK so let’s get started!
Today I am sooo excited to watch the opening ceremonies on TV (I wore a full red white and blue ensemble in honor of the USA Olympians).
I think if I pack the house full of bicycles, flags, bowls of rice and weird smells it would be exactly as if I am in Beijing.
Then ill set of a few bottle rockets in the backyard and seal the deal.



Since the girls won’t be home tonight, I’m thinking of inviting a few more people over for the occasion.
For one, it seems silly to go thru the process of turning TMH* into Beijing just for Tito** and me.
And two, I’m envisioning relay races up and down Lincoln and a cartwheel competition down Granite Reef.


* TMH: the residence of myself, Stephanie and Megan.
** Tito: Our imaginary pet dog.

No comments: