Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Pink Life...

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

A subject that is near & dear to my heart...so close in fact theres a tattoo near my heart in honor.


Ten years ago my beautiful, loving, kind, creative and all around amzing Aunt Kathleen (Auntie) was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Today, she is as strong and as lovely as ever.

She is one of my most favorite people in the whole world and I would be willing to do anything for her (with no doubt she would do the same for me).

This blog is dedicated to her and our wonderful family.



A family I cannot imagine my life without. They are my world. We are together when things are great, when things aren't so great, when we are happy and when we are sad. Every holiday, every birthday party at Peter Piper Pizza and every pool party just because we want to spend time together.

But my favorite time to get together above all, is the one we do every October for my Auntie:

The City of Hope Walk for Hope

Of course, this years walk was especially sentimental. I dont know where I would be in my life without Kathleen.

The woman who taught me to scrapbook. The woman who encourages me everyday that I can do whatever I put my mind (and heart) in to. The woman who takes me from an emotional high strung mess, to a calm level headed thinker with just a few minutes of her clarity.
I love you Auntie!

No comments: